Flapjacks have become a popular sweet treat over the years for me, whether i am eating or baking them.
Iv made many variations of this recipe over the years, chocolate orange, dried fruit or banana & nut. The list is long but none are more popular than chocolate and marshmallow, which gives off a rocky road vibe to them.
Makes: 16 slices
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 – 40 minutes
21oz Porridge Oats
8oz Mini Marshmallows
6oz Plain Flour
12oz Butter/Margarine (Melted)
6 TBSP Golden Syrup
9oz Caster/Light Brown Sugar
8oz Chocolate Chips (Milk, Dark or White)
1. Preheat the oven at 160/Gas mark 3.
2. In a mixing bowl add all of the dry ingredients (The Oats, flour, sugar, marshmallows and chocolate chips) and mix together.
3. Once combined add the melted butter and syrup, mix together until combined evenly.
4. Line a square tin with baking paper and spoon the mixture in and spread out until it’s even across the tin. (Helpful Hint – Once all the mix is in the baking tin, use another piece of baking paper by placing it on top of the mix to push it into the corners of the tin. Discard before baking)
5. Place the flapjack mix in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges have started to turn a crunchy golden brown.
6. Leave to cool on a metal rack, the mix will firm up when cooled down a little.