I brought some peanut butter KitKat chunky's the other day by mistake, don't rush and shop! So I took them into work to use them up, maybe use them as a cake topping? So here we are with my iced peanut butter cake!
For the cake:
12 oz / 340g Self Raising Flour
11oz / 310g Butter / Margarine
1oz / 30g Peanut Butter
12 oz / 340g Caster Sugar
1 TBSP Vanilla Essence
3 TBSP Orange Juice
For the Icing:
4 oz / 115g Peanut Butter
4 oz / 115g Icing Sugar
10 TBSP Orange Juice (You may need more if you like it runnier)
For the topping:
3 Peanut Butter Flapjack
A Generous Sprinkle Of Chocolate Sugar Strands
1. Firstly to make the cake. In a mixing bowl, mix the butter, peanut butter and sugar until creamed together, add the eggs one by one until all are added and mixed. Then add the orange juice and vanilla.
2. Add the flour and whisk until there is a nice cake batter constancy, place into a lines cake tin/tray, and place into a preheated oven at gas mark 4 or at 160/170 for 15 minutes.
3. While the cake is baking, it leaves you time to make the icing. To make the icing, sift the icing sugar and mix with the peanut butter and gradually add the orange juice until the icing is smooth and spreadable.
4. When the cake is finished, take it out of the oven and turn it out of the tin onto a wire rack to cook. When the cake is cool you can then spread the peanut butter and orange icing.
5. To finish, sprinkle with some chocolate sugar strands and chop the KitKat into chunks and layer on top to give it that little bit extra. Just cut into slices and enjoy!